Monday, February 25, 2008

Correction

Post by Dallin:

I have to start out by saying that yes, I feel the same about the film "Juno" as my wife does. I would secondly like to say that I am terribly excited to attend to the swing dance lessons that Lizabeth has arranged for us (she is going to tell me to call her just "Liz" when I get home tonight). Putting my excitement aside I feel I must stand up and defend myself.

I did tell a white lie to Liz in telling her that I had not found out what I was getting for my birthday. I knew she had spent a considerable amount of time on it and was excited to see my reaction. I knew she would be devastated if she knew I had figured it out (more like stumbled onto it). With the thought of self preservation, I told the white lie. The second part to this story is that we need to be careful about what we use as bookmarks in our house. For you see, the said letter and envelope that I peeked through, it was being used by Liz in a book as a bookmark left on the couch where anyone could have gotten to it. When I saw the unfamiliar name on the envelope my curiosity peaked. I did not open the envelope or manipulate it in any way. I simply looked through the thin side of the envelope. You cannot see me but my arm is raised in guilt. The very first text on the letter that I glimpsed was "swing dance lessons". I knew right away what it was. I was very excited that she had thought of such a wonderful gift.

For those of you who are interested, I was actually reading the book. I was not simply looking at the book mark. I realize this does not negate my guilt in this case, but I could not let that fact go unsaid.

And so to you my loving wife, thank you. Thank you for the gift and the unjust way in which you post before my editing. Continue as you are. I will always love you and will forever be grateful to you.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Can I comment on my own blog? I know it's weird. I just wanted to say, I love you Dallin. I know I am unjust on my posts, but you're hilarious! Thank you.

Angie said...

You two are just too cute! Sorry Dallin found the "bookmark", but it's true, Liz, not a great place to keep a secret hidden. Innocent mistake, right? You will have a great time dancing together.

Jessica said...

That really is a great gift! I would feel the same as you Liz, I hate it when suprises are ruined. Fortunately I am too mean and sneaky that Scott can never figure my gifts out unless I ask a preference on something. :)