Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wild Child

This afternoon, Alex has had me in stitches! I was working on the computer and he woke up from his afternoon nap. I went in and picked him up, he had to look at all the pictures on the wall and point to say "Dad", the ritual. Then I put him down in our living room.

I go back to the computer, and hear RIP, look over and sure enough, he has unwrapped the gift I had just wrapped for Dallin's valentine's day. Alright, so I get up and get the tape to fix the paper, and he is all of a sudden to quiet, so I peak in and he is typing on the computer! I run in and put the computer (laptop) up higher, and go back to fixing the gift.

Suddenly, too quiet again. I peak in the living room, and he is unfolding the laundry basket full of his folded clothes. I hadn't put them away yet because he was having a nap. Finally I finish fixing the wrapping, start folding the clothes again, and he is crawling all over me so I go and get a handful of Fruit Loops and put them on the kitchen floor. (Thank you Dallin for mopping last night).

Now the dilemma, the Fruit Loops are in the kitchen, but mom is in the living room. Alex will take one or two of the Fruit Loops and come back into the living room, only to turn around immediately to get more Fruit Loops. After this goes on for a moment, he makes a decision. "If I put all these Fruit Loops, only about 20, in my mouth, I won't have to keep going back into the kitchen!"

1 comment:

Angie said...

This puts true meaning to "chasing a kid around the house". It keeps us thin, right? Well, maybe if our houses were bigger! :)