Am I the only one struggling to find the Christmas spirit this year? I love christmas, it's my favorite time of the year, but this year for some reason it just doesn't feel like it's christmas time. It might have to do with the 50 degree weather we've been having, but still.
I came home last night and decided to put up all my christmas decorations (all of 3). I have been playing christmas music, but it just doesn't seem to be coming. Hopefully soon.
I'm totally bummed, I wanted to get tickets to The Forgotten Carols but they're all pretty much sold out or else only the last row is available. I don't want to pay a lot of money to sit apart from Dallin or else on the back row, so that play is out. I love this play. I have always felt the Christmas spirit and it's a good way to kick off the season.
So I was wondering if you could give me any suggestions for good musicals, concerts, plays, or anything that would help get me in the spirit. I don't like to spend a lot of money on tickets for something I've never heard of before, so I like to get recommendations. What are some good things you've attended in the past?
6 comments:
Our family always goes to the Eclipse concert. It is Dec 19-20 this year and I think cost is about $12.00 per ticket. You can go to www.eclipsesingers.com for information. It is a great concert!
I'm with you on it not quite feeling like Christmas yet. I think that the weather definitely has something to do with that. In one sense, I am anxious for the snow to come, on the other hand...I'm enjoying the jacket weather still.
Usually I have the majority of my Christmas shopping done before December (because I'm excited, not super-organized), and I don't think that I even did any shopping until December 1...and there's still a lot to be done!
I don't know of any concerts or anything that you can go to. I know that there are generally alot of Holiday Boutiques going on this time of year. Most of them don't cost anything to get in...although when you find something you want...then the $$ speaks. Good luck!...and Happy Holidays!
My suggestion...plan something to do for someone else. When I am struggling, if I look outside of myself and try to help someone else, that lifts me up. Do a knock and run, or plan the 12 days of Christmas for someone. It doesn't have to be expensive, remember it's the thought that counts. Now would be a great time to get started on neighbor gifts, if you do that.
BTW, I have The Forgotten Carols on DVD, if you would like to borrow it to watch! Guaranteed front row seats and much cheaper!
I haven't found the Christmas spirit this year either. Josh and I were talking about it last weekend and I was saying Christmas has lost it's magic for me. Sad, I know. Maybe it would help if I took down my fall decorations and got my Christmas up, but that's a whole different story. Going to see the lights at temple square always help me and I hear that Thanksgiving Point has amazing lights too. I know Hale Centre Theatre's A Christmas Carol is really popular. I've never seen that particular play, but everything I've ever seen there is amazing. I also have heard that Savior of the World was great too. Hope that helps. Good luck finding that spirit. It will come.
You could go see Savior of the World at the Conference Center. Not only would it get you in the Christmas spirit, but it puts the real meaning of Christmas first in your mind. It's so good!
I agree, service for someone else is the fastest and best and easiest way to get into the holiday spirit. Go through you closets, give away the nice things to DI that you never wear, buy a toy and stick it in the Toys for Tots...those commercials always make me cry. Christmas is a wonderful time, I want it to last and last. (BTW I put my tree up just tonight, perhaps I am a little humbug?)
Post a Comment