Well, I am ready to announce to the world.
Dallin and I are expecting....
Twins!
We are due April 4, but hoping we can keep them in until Mid March. I have felt terrible for those that are wondering. I can't believe how debilitating morning sickness can be. I am hoping to turn the corner any day.
The reason I haven't blogged much, or been on the computer is because it makes me sick. For some reason reading on the computer screen makes me sick, so does watching tv, so does reading a book, bouncing three year olds, car rides, old lady perfume, you name it, it has made me sick.
The thing I didn't realize about morning sickness, there is an emotional side. This has been the hard part for me. I have felt so much guilt over not being able to do what I used to. I also have a hard time ever believing it will go away. I watch other women who have had babies and think to myself, "they're not nauseous anymore, it must go away." But for some reason my brain thinks it will never go away. But I have never been sick for 6 weeks straight so I guess my brain is confused.
We are so excited though. A lady asked me the other day what it felt like the moment they told us it was twins. She said she was always nervous on her first appointment that they would find twins, so she wondered what that moment was like. As I thought about it all I could say was, "it felt fine." There was no disappointment, no huge strong feelings, it just felt good. We are excited. I am excited that I get two babies with one batch of morning sickness.
We saw the babies for the second time last week at the doctor's office. It is very comforting to see them. Baby A was moving and waving at us the whole time. I think it wanted to be seen, so cute. Baby B was much more mello, giving us a little wiggle here and there. Alex is thrilled. He has drawn our family constantly since finding out. He makes sure we know there are now 5 people in our family and draws us all as stick people. He actually is the reason it got announced to our ward. We were going to wait until 12 weeks, but one day last week we had a babysitter come over. We were saying goodbye when Alex pipes up, "guess what! My mom has two babies in her belly!" He is so excited. She is the daughter of a bishopric member, so we decided we should tell a few people now that it was out.
Anyways, so exciting. I am so thankful to be in this position. I remind myself that everyday when the sickness is getting me down. I feel so much gratitude to be granted this blessing.
23 comments:
we were just told yesterday. oh my heck. we hope you know how excited we are for you and dallin! what a HUGE blessing for your family! we are so happy for you! we will be seeing you this weekend! :) yay we really are so excited for you guys!
Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I am SO excited for you guys! What a miracle.
I have been told by some women that they feel like a million bucks during the second trimester. I'm sorry to say that I have never felt that way. I have had a month or two where I felt mediocre. For me the symptoms just morph from nausea to can't breath, walk, sit or sleep. I hope you are one of the lucky ones.What am I saying, you are truly lucky! Heidi Jones once told me that every time she threw up she thanked Heavenly Father that the hormones were strong and their was a baby growing. During those times when I feel particularly sick I try to remember to be grateful. It helps...a little.
Congratulations!! That is so very exciting. That is such an amazing blessing. I always wished I could have had twins to just be pregnant less and get more kids out of it. :)
I don't know if anyone has told you but it seems that everyone in our ward is pregnant. There must be something going on, Heavenly Father really wants these little ones to come to earth and fast. Good luck and I hope the sickness doesn't linger.
Congrats, Liz! So excited for you!!!! It does go away, and you will feel better, and someday you'll forget how horrible you feel and you'll be crazy enough to want to do it again! :) TWINS!!! How fun for you (and big brother Alex)!
Oh! I literally squealed with excitement! That is so cool! Congratulations!
Congratulations!! My heart skipped a beat when I read the beginning of your post! I am SO SO excited for you, and my prayers will be with you for a healthy pregnancy. TWINS! So exciting! What a great blessing for your family.
Congrats! We are so excited for you and your family. Two babies at once is a blessing for being so patient. Twins will be so much fun...my brother has twin boys and they are so much fun.
Congrats! Miracles happen!
I am so happy for you. Just having a baby and reading your post made me think how lucky you are to have two at a time. I always wanted that since I am usually very sick for about 8 of the nine months. What a blessing. I'm so happy for your family. Hopefully you get over the sickness soon.
Heidi is kidding about the whole ward! I've counted about 10. 2 have already arrived.
That is so exciting! Congrats.
AWESOME!!! A huge congrat from Scott and I!
How exciting!!! That's wonderful! Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!
As far as morning sickness goes, it can go either way. With my first I only had it the first trimester. I swear the day I hit 13weeks, I felt great until I had her. With my second, I was miserable the entire pregnancy from about 5 weeks until I had her. I'd have days where I had a little bit of energy but it was spent on taking care of my oldest daughter. I didn't cook dinner for my family for 4 months because actual cooking (anything more than making a sandwich or pouring a bowl of cereal) made me beyond sick. My poor husband would work a 12+ hour day, come home, make dinner, clean up the house, and help with our daughter.
Try not to beat yourself up over not being able to do all the things you used to. Focus on those precious babies growing inside you and your son and getting rest when you can.
Congrats Liz! How exciting for you and your family. Twins are so much fun. I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with everything.
Sooooooo exciting! What a blessing. Congrats!
I remember SO clearly when I was expecting Meredith how it felt like I would NEVER feel better. I promise you will! I have so much empathy. The second trimester usually is better. I'm feeling pretty good, but I do barf every now and then. Next time I puke, I'll be thinking of you and commiserating!!!!
Congrats Liz! We are EXTREMELY excited for you! I feel horrible though that you are so sick. Now you can relate to so many women! :) I'm sure you would rather not relate over this though. I completely agree with everything you said. It's hard emotionally and physically. I would never wish prego sickness on anyone. People always told me it's good to be sick because then you know your babies are healthy. It's hard to remember that when it feels like you would rather die than live like this. Take care. Wish I was closer to take Alex off your hands for a few hours.
Yeah for you. I have been praying for you a lot over the past few months. So glad to hear your happy news. May everything smooth out and you get better. Kappy
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you guys!!!!
We are sooooo beyond excited for you guys!!! I hope that the morning sickness goes away soon so that you can fully enjoy this time. I'm sure that you've heard a gazillion ways to help, but here's a couple more. What helped me was cinnamon gum and ginger snap cookies. Go figure.
What a truly amazing blessing. We've been praying for you and we will continue with that. I hope that you feel better soon!
Yea!! I don't read blogs very often so thankfully Kelly told me. I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you! Congrats. <3
we are super super happy and excited for you!!
Congrats!!! The Geddes' are twin people! I'm so excited for you and feel your pain at the same time. Morning sickness SUCKS!!!!!!! Try ginger gum (i found it at walgreens) it helped a lot. I also took a lot of gasX. It's nice to not be blotted on top of the sickness.
Congrats you guys!! I got the goosebumps when I found out! I'm SO ridiculously happy for you & your family!!
That's wonderful news! Congratulations. I've missed your blog posts, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Post a Comment