Friday, September 17, 2010

Sick.

I'm sick.

If you talk to me at any point in the day, church, park, telephone, I will talk about this very thing. Poor Dallin. I can't think past it sometimes. It becomes overwhelming and I can't believe people are having conversations about random things like what to do this weekend, when all I can think about is keeping the cookies down.

I think the sickness has peaked this past weekend. I had a horrific weekend. Sorry to the guests that happened to be at our home and witnessed the whole thing. It was bad. It involved migraines, puking with migraines, frantic calls to doctors in the ward that I don't even know and the whole bit. It was a mess. I was a mess.

Anyways, that's all I think about, thus blog about these days. Does it end? I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy eating again and I especially don't think I will ever feel normal again. I hope I do.

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment. The doctor wanted to do an ultrasound due to some light spotting I had over the weekend (terrible weekend). I was okay with it because I love seeing the babies and making sure they are still in there. Well as soon as the ultrasound tech turned the ultrasound on, there they were. I immediately asked, where are the heartbeats, which she pointed out and then I just enjoyed the show. Baby A is very active. It looked like it was jumping on a trampoline and bouncing around. It was hilarious. The ultrasound tech says, "wow that one likes to move!" Baby B, not so much. This one just does an occassional wiggle, a punch or a kick here and there. It's funny to see how different they already are.

I am 12 weeks. So I'm hoping with all hope possible this sickness kicks the bucket. I actually had a couple good afternoons this week when I thought it might be over, only to be kicked down hard later.

Well, this was a whiny post. Sorry. I will survive, that is my motto.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

For what it is worth, you are not alone. I'm not nearly as sick as you, but I'm at 12 weeks too and I am just praying that it will get easier.

Good luck!

Kelly said...

I just am soooo sorry that you are going through this. I know what it's like, and it is horrible. It makes you wonder why people choose to go through it again. It's because we get amnesia. :) You WILL get better, I promise. Your "good" days are about to become more frequent. Hang in there!

Sami Dara said...

So sorry to hear you are so sick! But it's worth it, though it's hard to remember that sometimes! I remember always riding in the front seat with the air conditioner blasting in my face. For me it ended a week or two into the second trimester. Then the third trimester it was the opposite- everything looked good and I was always hungry. Good luck!

Jessica said...

Hang in there Liz!!!

Mark and Kattie said...

I know this is sooo hard! I wasn't anywhere near this sick, and I complained and complained about it! I am crossing my fingers that it goes away soon!.

Carters said...

I will tell you a little secret that the doctor told me when I was pregnant with Dillon and it saved my life!! A vitamin b12 and a half a unisom every morning and night with a cracker or something little before you even get out of bed. Trust me you will feel so much better. I was the same way, I lived in the bathroom and even slept in the bath tub a few times and never thought it was going to end. I lost 16 lbs the first 2 months of pregnancy but the day after I started taking this I never threw up or got sick again. It saved me for the next 2 pregnancies too. Good luck and congrats!

sam and kyrsten said...

ok you should not be apologizing in anyway. you were so wonderful to be around. i promise you kept it all on the down low. you were a trooper. and i would be doing and feeling the same way you were. you and dallin were wonderful hosts! thanks so much for your help with the entertainment center. we love it. it will be and is beautiful! you guys are wonderful we will keep you in our prayers!

Our Family said...

So sorry you are so sick. Hopefully it will subside and get at least tolerable if not gone all together. Good luck. Kappy

Angie said...

I think I wrote a post similar to this when I was pregnant with Eliza. I'm living proof that it will go away!
I love ultrasounds (though I never had one as soon as you have). It just makes it all worth while! I always wished I had an ultrasound machine at home!

Jeff and Lea said...

Congrats! We were just looking at blogs and happened to click on yours. Holy! TWINS!!! So exciting. We are thrilled for you. Twins are great, very worth it :) So sorry you are very sick. I hope it ends soon. Can't wait to hear what you are having. We will keep looking at your blog for all the updates. Hang in there!