Yesterday was our one year mark of leaving Utah.
All this week I have been reminiscing about what happened a year ago. Our dinner would begin with me saying, "one year ago....." I have really enjoyed looking back on the year.
It seems like it was yesterday, and forever ago all at the same time. You know what I mean?
I can't even begin to explain the transformation our family has had in the past year. It's amazing. I am thankful for this move. It's been tough, I won't lie. There have been times I would have walked back to Utah just for a day of feeling like I fit in. There have been other days where I have felt true joy here in Idaho.
I have been humbled. I know everybody says that, and there have definitely been times I have been humbled in my life, but it seems like this was a life altering time for me. I remember at times begging for the Lord to show me why we had to move. He never has directly. I have just known this is where we are supposed to be. I have felt that feeling, and I am living on faith. I know the Lord wants us here, He made the move happen so quickly, and all along the way I have had the feeling that this is where we are supposed to be.
When I look back on where we were a year ago, it's crazy. Alex was going through the potty training relapse from the move, I thought I may well go insane and Dallin was starting a new job and all the stress that goes with it. I had NO friends. I'm not saying I have a ton right now, but people at least know my name.
Alex loves it here too. He loves to tell people where we live. Today was our Stake Conference and the speaker mentioned coming to Burley earlier and Alex piped up (while it appeared he wasn't listening at all), and says none to quiet, "hey, I live in Burley!" He still talks a little about our yellow house, but then follows up with telling me we sold that house.
I wonder where we'll be in another year!
5 comments:
That's always good when people can call you by name. It makes you feel more welcome! Jack Huff still doesn't have a clue who I am. I went to serve at the Bishop's Storehouse and I mentioned to someone what Stake I was in, and he asked me what ward I was in. I turned to him and said, "Yours." He then asked me what my name was. Seriously! I was astonished! LOL
I can't believe it's already been a full year! We miss you, but I'm glad we have blogs so we can see what you're up to, and how much Alex is growing!
It is amazing how life changes. I am glad that you are feeling better about the move. I have been amazed at how long it really does take for you to feel like you are a part of everything. I am with you sometimes it feels like yesterday we were in a place so familiar and welcomed, but then somedays it feels like that is actually finally happening here!!
I can't believe it's been a year either. Wow! Glad you are feeling like Burley is your home now. We still miss you here.
I still say 'Come Back!' Same goes for the Potter's.
Glad it's getting better - I always thought it's at least 6 months before not seriously considering staying home each Sunday because no one knows or cares yet. We still miss driving by and seeing you guys out and about.
Post a Comment