James and Miles turned one on March 4. It was actually a really bad day in our world unfortunately. To sum it up, it was Sunday. Sundays are so hard for me right now. Dallin has to work every other one so I am alone. This happened to be the Sunday he worked, so I was alone. The babies are at a really hard age to enjoy church. We made it through church and we were invited to a luncheon for a family that blessed their baby that day. I was not going to go after having wrestled three children all morning, but decided it may help my mood so off we went. It actually helped a lot because there were people there to help and I didn't sit at home alone. Anyways, that passed a couple hours at least. My mom came that night and Dallin came home around 8:00, so the party was to say the least anti-climatic. The babies were past their point of tired and nobody was happy. Hopefully we made up for it later, but their actual birthday was a bummer. I did make these sesame street cupcakes that looked horrible, but they didn't know it.

 |
| He didn't like the candle at all! |
 |
| Typical James picture, his eyes are bugging out. He was transfixed with the candles. |
 |
| Loving the cupcake. Have to put your feet up after a hard day! |
I sort of felt like I should be the one getting a party:) I survived the first year with twins. It was tough, but a great year!
4 comments:
Yay! For another post! And yay for surviving the first year! You are incredible! Not only for surviving the first year, but for going to church by yourself with three kids!
It really is survival of the fittest that first year. You get double the kuddos for the double duty. It's fun to see the pictures. Happy Birthday Miles and James.
I have to agree with Angie! You get extra kuddos for going to church alone with twins. Happy Birthday Miles and James. I hope you get to have a day to yourself soon. :)
I can't believe it's already been a whole year! Hopefully you were able to get a good night's rest that night. :)
Happy birthday to the twins!
Post a Comment