Dallin has been so helpful around the house lately. He has always been handy. A couple weeks ago my washer wouldn't work. It would get through the cycle, but wouldn't spin it out at the end. This left me with a washer full of soaking wet clothes. I had procrastinated the laundry that week (I always procrastinate laundry) and had anticipated on a laundry marathon this particular day. I had started the night before and awoke to the sopping wet clothes and a frustrated morning.
Dallin had just started his set of work, meaning he would work 12 hours for the next two days. If I didn't have a washer, none of us would have anything to wear for the next two days. I called an appliance repairman and they wouldn't be able to come out for two more days. I was highly frustrated. Dallin came home from work and went right to work. He tore apart the washer in hopes to figure out what was going on. He would work on it and then go to the internet for any forums that would help. At 1:00 a.m. he came to bed ecstatic that he had not only figured out the problem, but had temporarily fixed it until a part could be ordered.
The problem was the wax board. Apparantely the control mechanism to lock the door (it's a front loader machine) was bad. The washer wouldn't spin if the door wasn't locked. He bypassed the control and had the machine working. The next day I did 9 loads of laundry. I was so thankful for a working washer. I was even more thankful for a husband that was willing to stay up late when he had to work a full day the next day and having worked a long day that day to help me.
The part was ordered and for $28 we were back in business. He has since replaced the part which required him saudering the part to the mother board of the washer. He's amazing.
Then this last week he came home from work and informed me the door to his truck would not open. The door pin had been going bad, but now it would not even open up. Again he dug into the problem. He pryed the door open, strung it from the rafters of the garage, bought the new parts and fixed the door. This cost us $19.
I am constantly amazed by his talents. He is such a hard worker and is always willing to try to fix anything. I know he has saved us hundreds of dollars by all the repairs he has done on appliances, plumbing, vehicles. I really appreciate him!
4 comments:
He is awesome! And hopfully you learned your lesson (don't procrastinate laundry)...just joking ;)
Good job Dallin! It sounds like you don't need it :), but my brothers do appliance repair in your area (Park View Appliance Repair). If the need arises again, I'm sure they'd be happy to help. I hope we'll see you all this week at reunion!
That is awesome. I feel your pain - our washer died a few weeks ago, and all I ever wanted to do while we were without one was do laundry! I've never been so anxious to do laundry in my life! It was a happy day when it was replaced. Ours was a problem with the pump, which would have cost almost as much as a new washer anyway. You're so lucky yours could be fixed!
Great job Dallin! It's amazing what people can do, isn't it? I just look at Marty in awe sometimes when he knows what car parts are and what they do, etc. It's great guys typically like that stuff!
Post a Comment