Yesterday morning Alex crawled out of bed at 6:12. There was no way I was getting out of bed that early, but he knows that. He just gets out of his bedroom and starts his day knowing I will join him in a half hour to an hour. Well, 99% of the time he will get himself a yogurt and spoon, eat the yogurt, throw it in the garbage and then put the spoon in the sink. After this routine he will then go to the couch and watch PBS kids until I wake up.
Yesterday was different. I could hear different noises coming from the kitchen than the regular yogurt and spoon noises. I laid there and wondered what it was for a few minutes then realized we had bought ice cream the day before and he was probably getting into that. Not wanting to have a half gallon of ice cream melting on my kitchen floor I waddled out of bed to investigate.
When I walked out, immediately Alex ducked behind the couch in our family room. I asked what he had, and all I see is a bowl being raised up high full of ice cream. I looked around and there was no mess. He had gotten the ice cream out of the freezer, grabbed a bowl (an adult bowl) and filled it with ice cream. Then he proceeded to put the ice cream back into the freezer and eat his ice cream. I was so impressed I told him "thank you for not making a mess" and went back to bed for a few more minutes.
Last night, the ice cream was put in the basement freezer :)
3 comments:
You're a great mom! Alex is very responsible and he sure knows what he wants.
That is so awesome! First for Alex being responsible and cleaning up after himself, and second, for you praising him for that and not freaking out about the ice cream. Great job!
You have taught him well! I wish my kids would feed themselves so I can continue to sleep. :)
Post a Comment