Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Twin Updates

A couple updates of our twins and the pregnancy. It seems that is all this blog is becoming...

1. Yesterday we had our big ultrasound for the babies. It was exciting and a little nerve wracking. I was nervous about everything being healthy and in the right place. It ended up being perfect. The babies were both cooperative and they were able to see everything they needed to. It took a really long time to look at so much detail for two babies, but it was fun to see them moving around so much. They did not stop moving the entire ultrasound. The tech just kept laughing at us because she was sure these were going to be some wild boys, but I just commented, we only know wild boys, we wouldn't know what to do if they weren't wild.

2. Movement. I don't think I have mentioned this. I started to feel real movement on election day. Dallin was sitting next to me and decided to lay down and somehow his elbow pushed against my belly and immediately I felt a little kick back. Ever since that night, I have felt constant movement. It was taps for a few days, but they have become kicks this past week. I love to feel them, I just can't wait until Dallin and Alex can feel them too. I did realize during the ultrasound that although I feel a lot of their movement, I don't feel it all....yet.

3. Both babies are head down and squished between my hips. This creates a lot of pain for my poor hips. I can't sleep because it hurts to lay on my sides, but I am not supposed to sleep on my back even though I wake up on my back all the time. It takes me about 10 seconds to stand up straight from a sitting position. I have to let everything sort of "settle" then I can stand up straight. Alex is always asking me why I walk so funny, then he always says, "you can hold my hand." I think it's sweet he is concerned about my awkward limp...hopefully this goes away soon. haha

4. Today was the first day I have "crockpotted" since I have felt better from morning sickness. I didn't even think twice about it thinking I have felt good enough it won't bother me. Boy was I wrong. I still can't stand it. It permeates the entire house and then lingers all night long. The big difference is I was able to eat the item that had been crockpotting all day long.

7 comments:

The Matlocks said...

How exciting!!! I'm glad everything is going great with the babies. Glad you're over the morning sickness :)

Angie said...

I read your post and thought, yeah I remember that, on all of your items. There is definitely good and bad's to being pregnant. I'm glad you are able to feel them. That is one of the best things. Sorry about the crockpot smell though. You might have to join Heidi Jones and crockpot in the garage.
So glad the babies are healthy. I can't wait to see you pregnant in person. I hope I get the chance sometime.

Frank Cole said...

I am so glad they are healthy and active. Just the way boys should be. Just wait, the movement will get creepy and alien-like; it's so bizarre, but I actually miss that part about being pregnant.
Alex will sure be a great big brother. If he's that concerned now, he sure will be loads of help later.
Always good to hear the baby updates.

Sami Dara said...

Yeah for babies! And Alex is such a sweetheart.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! It's so reassuring when you see what's going on inside. Nothing like pregnancy to test you.

Our Family said...

So much fun. I am so glad everything is going well.

Tia said...

It's so fun to hear your updates. And ultrasounds are the best! I love being able to "see" them.
I do my crockpotting in the garage as well. The smell can be too much, even when you're not pregnant!