Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So ticked, but trying not to be....

Last year we had a major spider problem. It didn't start happening until about August/September we started noticing a huge influx of HUGE spiders in our house. I was freaking out a little about it, but Dallin seemed unconcerned. Finally after finding 5 spiders in one day I had had it and I called somebody to come and spray.

This somebody happens to be in our ward, and came highly recommended to take care of the bugs. We had him come and spray and suprisingly it really did a good job of taking care of the bugs.....however there was a hefty price tag attached to this spraying. I justified it in my mind that we had to have it that year because of the spiders, but next year Dallin would be able to spray for bugs.

Fast forward to today. Dallin has sprayed for bugs this year. He even sprayed all our fruit trees. It cost extra money this year because we had to buy the equipment to do this, but figured it was much cheaper than having it done professionally.

Today was finally a day that felt like summer. It's not hot by any means, but it's warm enough. I told Alex that I would take him swimming today at the free kiddie pool in town. He was so excited. We went to the park first to take advantage of the free lunch. (I totally love free). Anyways, we go to the pool and enjoy our time there. I convince him after an hour and a half it's time to go home. He comes willingly, and we head home. Just as I turn the corner onto our street I see that the bug sprayer truck is in our driveway. I said, "what the heck is going on." Alex then repeats me several times and gets out of the truck and says this very statement to the bug sprayer. Good thing the guys doesn't hear well.

Anyways, he had already sprayed half our yard and house. When I got out of the car he says, "oh is it okay that I am spraying? I am getting everybody on your street today." What was I supposed to say, he was already half way done. I was really mad though. I had called him last fall and asked him to do this for us under the understanding that it was a one time thing. I guess I have a contract now and I had to pay for the services I didn't even solicite!!

I am really trying not to be mad about this, but it makes me mad when I have to pay money for unexpected things. Unneccessary to boot! I am really trying to live on a certain budget right now, we are saving up for a couple things, and it just makes me sick to my stomach. I had not budgeted in bug spray, but I payed for it anyway!

Okay, I'm going to go take big breaths!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't blame you for being livid. Sorry that happened to you.

Our Family said...

Very frustrating. Especially when you are trying to live on a budget.

Murdoch said...

Don't you wish we were still in Colorado?

The Matlocks said...

OH HECK NO! That's wild. I don't even know what I would do.