1. Yesterday I drew stick figures for each member of our family for Alex. The next day I found this. I know it's hard to see because it's blue ink on blue paper, but it's so stinking cute. I saved it in his folder of 'keeps'....I know his future wife will thank me someday :) I love how the arms come out of the head.
2. We finally have a picture of Alex with his new suit. Last weekend I had a getaway to Utah to visit friends, do taxes, and hang out. It was fabulous. While I was gone Dallin took Alex to church and I found this picture on the memory card. Yes Alex has a buzzed head. Blame me, I didn't put the right guard on the clippers :(
3. This is what happens when you decorate sugar cookies and your three year old discovers where the sprinkles are hidden.
5. Alex got a book at the library called Punk Farm. It's about these farm animals that play in a punk band once their farmer goes to bed. Anyways, at the end of their performance they yell, "thank you Wisconson!" Now when Alex does anything that he deems worthy of recognition, he yells..."thank you Wisconsin!"
6. A couple weeks ago I decided it was time for Alex to be night potty trained. I was ready to throw the towel in a week later when we had no success. Dallin convinced me to keep going, and guess what? Last night he got himself out of bed, walked to the bathroom, peed, and went back to bed. I laid there an observed from my bed this tiny miracle. After two weeks of cleaning up sheets, waking him up at 3:00 in the morning to take him, he finally did it! It was sweet success, let's just hope it lasts!
7. I have been so impressed with Alex's eating habits lately. He has always been a good eater. He has never been picky. He never cares what we have for dinner, he just eats it. He has gone through a couple stages where he doesn't eat very much, but he always eats what we're having. Honestly I don't think he knows he can turn it down. Anyways, he is a huge lover of vegetables. He eats all his broccoli and begs for more before he even eats anything else. Same with corn. He will polish off the bowl of corn every night if we let him. He loves it. We had some left over salad from a Relief Society dinner a couple days ago, so we have eaten a green salad with every meal. This kid loves the green salad. He eats it first (he always eats his vegetables first), but he loves every bit of it. He picks out the cucumbers and radishes and eats those first, then preceeds with the other veggies. I love it, something I am so thankful for.
6 comments:
Those are all good things to remember. Thanks for sharing.
Marty was here reading them with me tonight and he laughed out loud at the "Thank you Wisconsin". We can totally see him saying that.
I can't believe Alex has turned into a neat freak. I can still remember the messy baby he was. I bet that's nice for you though. He's getting so big!
I can't believe how grown-up he looks in his suit. He is so big.
I think it's funny he's a neat freak, that's how Jackson is as well. He won't let kids play with his toys until they have washed their hands just in case they didn't wash after using the bathroom.
That's awesome that he loves his veggies so much. If only that could happen with all my kids all the time.
I LOVE it when you can first start to recognize what they're drawing. That's a big moment!
Alex is seriously a character. Wish we still lived close so I could see him in action. :0)
alex is so cute. i hope that the blog button attracts some more attention to you guys! you are wonderful parents! and have a great family!
Those are all so awesome successes for Alex...Kudos to Liz! Ok and Dallin too :) No really, you're both great parents! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment