I feel like I haven't been very good lately with blogging. There has been a lot going on in our family, so I have slacked off. This will be somewhat random.
1. I started stripping wallpaper off our walls in the laundry room yesterday. Why didn't somebody tell me it was a death sentence for your arms? Why does it have to be so hard to get off? I'm about 1/3 of the way done, but it doesn't seem to be going fast enough. When the wallpaper is all off, I'm going to paint it and Dallin will be installing all new moulding. I'm excited. This is the first inside job we have worked on in this house. It took me a while to be motivated, it's just a lot of work to remodel, but I wanted to do something. So we are starting with the laundry room and after the two days it has taken me to remove the wallpaper, it may be the last for a while. We'll see.
2. Alex is a sunbeam. I can't believe I haven't even blogged about this yet. He is so big! I know he only made the cut off by 4 days, but he seems so big in there. There are two sunbeam classes because 13 kids graduated from Nursery. He is in a class of boys with one girl, (there was only 2 girls of the 13). The first week I subsituted in primary for a different class so I was able to witness his first week. He did so great! He sang all the songs, sat on his chair (not the entire time, he is 3), and did a good job! We are so proud of him. He talks about his teacher all the time and is so proud to be in primary. He knows a lot of the primary songs already so he does really well in singing time.
3. Pinkeye. We were hit by pinkeye. It's the worst. It started with Alex and then moved to Dallin. A whole week went by and I had not been infected, so I thought I was in the clear. Not so. I woke up yesterday infected. Dallin and Alex went to the doctor to get an antibiotic, but were told they don't treat pinkeye! I don't know about the medical care here in this town, but I was mad. There is too a treatment, needless to say, I now have it and Dallin still after a week has bloodshot eyes. It's a good thing it isn't too bad of a problem, other than I have tried to stay home not to spread it to others. Thus the wallpaper project.
4. We had a guy come and give us an estimate for new windows yesterday. Our windows are in bad shape and we know they need to be replaced. Well the guy was talking to us about the window sills, they all have to be replaced too because of the style of our windows. Anyways, we went into Alex's bedroom so he could show us what he was talking about. Alex was so excited he was in his room. He was convinced he was there to play with him. Alex was chattering the whole time we were talking, but I wasn't paying much attention to him. His room was fairly clean, with just a couple things around. Well all of a sudden he is on his bed, and shoves something in the guys face and says, "look.....undy wears!" It took a moment for my brain to digest what was happening when I realized he was shoving underwear in this guys face. They are cars underwear, so he was probably showing him that, but it was pretty hilarious. The guy laughed pretty hard. Oh parenthood, what an embarassing time.
5. Harry Potter. Dallin and I just barely joined this bandwagon. I know a decade late. We had never read them before, so since about July or August we have been reading them. I finished the 7th about a month ago, but Dallin is about halfway through it. I loved the series, and it was a fun read. Dallin however has immersed himself in magic world. He is constantly (he's going to kill me), calling out spells and pretending he has a wand in his hand. He is always talking about if he could do magic what he would do. He even acted out how he would cut a tree down for firewood yesterday using a wand. I laughed pretty hard, these books are written for teenagers, but this 30 year old has all but become a wizard.
6. I took Alex to the movies last night. Where the Wild Things Are. Sorry, but stupidest movie of the year! It was horrible. Alex barely watched it, I constantly was threatening to take him home. I was miserable too and wanted to go home. It was so stupid. It was basically watching a 10 year old misbehave and then go into some weird fantasy land. Maybe everybody liked it, but I didn't for sure. I felt like Max was way too old, and it just wasn't a good show. Oh well, it was a cheap theatre movie, so I wasn't out much and Alex thought he was cool stuff for going on a date with mommy.
Well that is all I can think of. I will try to be better about keeping this thing updated on what we're doing.
4 comments:
I am glad that I am not the only one that thought Where the Wild Things Are was an absolute waste of my time and money. I took Ammon to it for our little date night and I wanted to knock myself over the head with a hammer. Holy crud...who has that kind of imagination? NOT ME!
First, I'm so sorry about the pink-eye. That stinks. We've had our bouts with that in the past. It's so irritating. Second, we LOVE Harry Potter. I'm so glad you joined the bandwagon. That is so funny about Dallin though. There is something about JK Rowling's writing that really engulfs me in when I read. It truly is an escape. Plus, she creates her characters so well.
I am cracking up about Dallin and the wand.... :)
Welcome to Harry Potter world. I love that series! Your post makes me want to read it again.
Thanks for the review on Where the Wild Things Are. I was going to take Brooklyn to it but heard there were a few scary parts so I was going to watch it before I let her see it. Now, I might as well not even watch it. Too bad though. We love the book at our house!
Post a Comment