Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off.

Today I have been off. It seems that when I woke up this morning, my patience didn't. From the second I woke up I've felt incredibly irritable.

Alex has been acting up the past few days and I don't know what to do about it. He has learned he can tell me and Dallin NO! It makes me sooo mad!

I hate disciplining him. Is it just me? I feel like he is the most disobedient child ever. I am constantly yelling at him, and I hate it. Why does it have to be so hard?

I hate posts like this because I end up regretting it and trying to explain a couple days later that Alex is a good kid. I am just incredibly frustrated right now and don't know what to do.
P.S. To top it off the batteries in our TV remote died yesterday....

5 comments:

Angie said...

HAHA! I love how you compared your frustration to your TV remote at the end. :)
I completely agree with you on the discipline thing. It's HARD and they are constantly testing you in a new way every few months. I feel like I trying to learn how to parent all over again every week. I've been praying for some guidance on how to get through to my kid so hopefully that will help.

Shae said...

I despise those kind of days! Unfortunately, mine seem to come around often...but with my 4 yr old. There might the the "Terrible Twos", but I think the "Ferocious Fours" are even worse! And, Oh, the joys of the kids learning the word NO!! Agh!! It's so frustrating!! I feel like whatever I ask Micah to do, he does the complete opposite...but the whole, "reverse psychology" thing doesn't work either...he just refuses pretty much everything. It's a good thing we love our kids as much as we do, so that we can get through days like this!! Good luck...and know that it's not just you...or him!

Kristi said...

It is so frustrating! I completely understand. I have two ideas that have worked for me. The first one is Love and Logic parenting. You can get the books or movies or cds at the library. They have seriously saved me. I also like Super Nanny, but I use Love and Logic even more.

My second tip I heard in Relief Society one Sunday. Somebody commented that they pray each morning to be able to receive the inspiration that they need to know how to handle the situations that come up with their children that day. That has also been a huge help to me.

Even with all of that, it's still a challenge every day, but it makes it a little easier. Good luck!

The Mom said...

I love Super Nanny and how she handles discipline. Yelling doesn't work. It took me a long time to learn that. I finally learned to just put them in time out to give them and me time to cool down. Then sit down and talk to them about what they did wrong. And make him apologize for his actions. It takes longer to do it this way, but it is so much more productive in the end.

And I will mail you batteries if you need! LOL

Mark and Kattie said...

Sorry you had such a crazy day, I don't look forward to the day Will can say No!