Alex has hit a naughty streak. I don't know what it is, but lately it seems he delights in naughtiness. I'm going crazy.
Today I think he had about 15 time outs by 9:00 in the morning. He seems to seek out whatever will get him into trouble. I don't know if he is just seeking attention, but it seems like he gets a lot of attention, and today I had to get a few things done and he knew it. I don't know if he is entering his terrible two's, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it today was bad.
I had a meeting at my house this evening for enrichment, and Dallin had scouts. I was just going to keep Alex with me at the house, but I declared that Dallin better take him or I would lose my mind! I don't know what to do, but I am determined to stick to my guns and make sure he knows the rules! Oh parenthood!
3 comments:
Brooklyn had a bad day yesterday too! She wouldn't take a nap either so my frustration level was at it's max! She was in bed at 7:50, which is some sort of record for me.
However, she asks for Alex everyday and tells me to call Liz. I think she wants to really play with Alex. I tried to explain that sometimes moms have to get other stuff done, but she didn't want to hear that. So next time you need a break, call us and we'll take him. Maybe they will at least entertain them both and keep them out of trouble for a few hours!
I think it's the age. Carter has been especially high strung for the past few months. Our pediatrician told us that she has never seen a little one this age with such a strong sense of autonomy. Of course I love him, however, there are days that I just can't wait for Scott to get home and help. There are days that I feel like my biggest task of the day was just keeping him alive and free of major injuries. He's always been emotional, but lately his tantrums are something to behold. He seriously stomps his feet and flails his limbs around. How is time out working for you? I haven't figured out how to get him to stay... so how are you doing it? Please share! :)
I'm just going to say two words, "Love and Logic" books etc. Got this great advice from a friend and it has worked wonders. The birth to age 6 one is really short and perfect for that age.
Post a Comment