I have been waiting for this past weekend all summer. My highschool friends planned to get together and attend BYU-Idaho's Education week. We rented a hotel, and oh the fun we had.
It all started on Thursday. We met up and attended a couple classes, then we went to a concert that evening. I'm serious, I don't think we were serious once. It was so nice to let loose and just play. My stomach muscles have just now started to relax. I swear I haven't laughed that hard since high school. It was great.
The first day we were there, I immediately got two blisters. (poor shoe choice) So that was a wonderful addition to my weekend. That was the only downside. I walked around, okay hobbled around, most of the time. By the last day I couldn't handle it anymore, so Melanie let me borrow her flats. I only had white socks, so I had to wear these flats with white socks on, we called them the penguin shoes. It wasn't so flattering, but good laughs.
On Friday night, we decided to go to the Barnes and Noble for the Breaking Dawn book coming out. We went to Idaho Falls and had dinner and went shopping. It was about 10:30 so we decided to drive by the bookstore to see if there was a crowd or if we should wait a little while longer and this is what we found:

This isn't even all the people that were there. It was a riot. The energy was so fun, there was so much excitement in the air. I can't tell you the last time I was at a store at this insane time of night. We got back to our hotel room at about 2:00 in the morning, and were all so tired we didn't get much of the book read. It was a lot of fun.
We had a lot of fun. Thanks to all my friends, it was nice to get away. I feel so re-energized. The classes were really good, and I can't wait until next year.
P.S. There were a lot of funny stories, but for the sake of the others dignity, I won't share.

6 comments:
That's so fun that you guys went to Ed. Week together! I'm sure you guys had quite the weekend! How nice to have a get a way with friends, and take a break from the normal grind of life!
Wow, glad you got a picture of Barnes & Noble because I would have never believed you! That is insane! My mom bought me the book on Saturday morning at 11 am with no problems. It seems like they stocked this book better than past books so that anyone who wanted it could get it.
Glad you had a great weekend! Brooklyn is missing Alex. We talk about him several times a day.
I don't know what stories you could be talking about!!!!
Thanks for saving my dignity a little bit! What happened in Rexburg and St. Anthony stays in Rexburg and ST. Anthony right! At least we can all have good laughs about the memories next year!!!
You guys are a riot! It looks like you guys had way too much fun=) Can't wait to get my hands on the book, but yet I can (my poor family and my poor house)so fun reading your posts.
Looks like you had a BLAST. Love to get away with my friends too!
Post a Comment