Friday, April 25, 2008

Still Sick!

Yes, our household is still sick. I don't know what it is that has gone around, but it's bad. I've been battling the cold o' death for the last week, and Dallin came home yesterday - SICK! Yep, we're sick. Dallin's is different, he's just achy and fevery, mine however is CONGESTION!

So we've been lying around the house today in our misery, and guess who's perky? You guessed it, the one year old. He has no idea how hard it can be to get up and down, chase, pick up, and all things one year olds. He just keeps plugging.

Dallin and I were laying on the couches in the living room, and we hear Alex in the kitchen. I had just lectured Dallin about how to handle Alex. I stated, "remember when your mom used to tell you to just ignore them and they will stop doing it? Just do that" Alex loves your attention, so he will do whatever he has to to get it. He will go specifically to the item you told him not to, just for your attention. So I told Dallin to ignore him for a minute and maybe he'll leave the dishwasher alone. So we just layed there.

We started hearing him grunt, and moan, he was working hard. We were speculating what he was doing. We couldn't quite place the sound so we were joking with each other what it could be. Dallin finally goes to see what he's doing - and yells, "Liz come look!" I look in the kitchen and Alex is in quite a precarious position. He has climbed up his highchair - has his legs in the high chair and arms on the countertop, the wheels on the highchair isn't quite allowing him to get on the countertop. He is trying to get on the countertop because there is a bowl of caramel popcorn on the counter. I guess he has mastered his climbing skills to climb up his highchair! When does it stop?

Anyways, needless to say, we are not feeling well, but still have a very active one year old keeping us hopping.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe he can climb up his highchair! You really have an active child. My goodness. I'm still just shocked at what Alex can do! What an amazing child!

sam and kyrsten said...

liz! sam and i went to your moms house on sunday and she told me you had a blog! i was so excited! ours is comeandgeddes.blogspot.com! we hope everything is going well with you guys!